Archive for the ‘STRANGE’ Category

Cause of 18 Amish child deaths revealed

Thursday, January 23rd, 2020
The reason behind the sudden deaths of Amish children has been revealed. Picture: File photo.

FOR years it was known by one Amish family as the “curse of sudden death”

But for medical examiners in the US, the cause behind the death of 18 Amish children was a baffling mystery they spent a decade and a half trying to solve.

After years of research experts finally got an answer last week – and think it could help prevent other sudden, previously unexplainable, deaths.

CNN reports how 15 years ago tragedy struck an Amish family when one of their children died abruptly while running around.

Over eight years, three more of their children died in similar circumstance in what the family began to call the “curse of sudden death” as autopsies offered no clues.


‘Lick of death’: Why Greg lost his legs and hands

Thursday, November 28th, 2019

Wisconsin Greg Manteufel’s symptoms began with fever and vomiting, as if he had the flu. By the following morning, he was delirious, and his temperature had soared.

His wife rushed him to the hospital, a quick drive from their Wisconsin home. Once they arrived, Dawn Manteufel said she noticed bruises – several of them, all over his body – that weren’t there when they left their house just five minutes earlier. To Dawn, it was as if her husband had just been beaten with a baseball bat.

Within a week at the hospital, the 48-year-old who paints houses for a living and loves to ride his Harley-Davidson motorcycle lost his legs. And then his hands.

Greg Manteufel suffered a rare blood infection after harmful bacteria from a dog’s saliva seeped into his bloodstream, causing sepsis, or blood poisoning.

Greg Manteufel in hospital.


A Woman Needed Her Hands and Legs Amputated After Contracting Infection from Dog ‘Kisses’

Wednesday, August 7th, 2019

A little lick from a puppy may have led to a life-threatening infection for one woman in Ohio, who ended up needing her hands and legs amputated to save her life, according to news reports.

The woman, Marie Trainer, went to the emergency room on May 11 after developing a fever, nausea and backache, according to CNN. Trainer had recently returned from vacation in the Caribbean, and doctors at first thought she had a travel-related illness.

But the exact cause of her illness remained a mystery, and Trainer’s health worsened. She lost consciousness and was put into a medically induced coma, according to her GoFundMe page. Her skin also started to turn a purplish-red color and the tissue started to die, CNN reported. [11 Ways Your Beloved Pet May Make You Sick]


Dead foetus found inside four-year-old boy

Saturday, October 10th, 2015

foetus image

WHEN a four-year-old boy complained of a stomach ache last week, doctors suspected a tumour.

But they were shocked after a CAT scan revealed the pain was caused by a dead foetus inside his abdomen.

Dr Shirshendu Giri said he operated on the boy, who was from a village in West Bengal, India.

“The dead embryo which had hands, legs, nails and a partially formed head was removed from the child’s body after a long operation,” he told International Business Times. “The boy is all right now, still under close observation.”

Doctors said the boy suffered from the rare medical condition, “foetus in foetu” (baby within a baby), in which a malformed foetus is found in the body of its twin. In the early stages of pregnancy, one of the twin foetuses may absorb the other. The enveloped twin becomes a “parasite” that relies on its host.

The abnormality has an incidence of one in 500,000 live births, with less than 100 reported cases worldwide, according to a 2005 case report in ANNALS Academy of Medicine Singapore.

In June 2009, a man in India named Sanju Bhagat underwent surgery to have a parasitic twin, which he carried inside his body for 36 years, removed. In March 2006, doctors in Pakistan removed two foetuses from inside a two-month-old girl.


Henry Sapiecha

Australia Queensland Gold Coast mum’s small red lump almost cost her life

Monday, September 28th, 2015

Palm Beach mother Kate Dwyer is recovering from a mysterious skin condition that could have been fatal.image

Palm Beach mother Kate Dwyer is recovering from a mysterious skin condition that could have been fatal. Picture: David Clark

IT started off as a small red lump but in just a day it grew to the size of a frisby and nearly cost Kate Dwyer her life.

The Palm Beach mother-of-two’s left buttock has been ravaged by a mysterious skin condition that has doctors and scientists baffled.

Debate rages over the origin of her growing wound which could have been caused by anything from bacteria to a flesh-eating spider.

Kate Dwyer recovering at home image

Ms Dwyer, who has spent the past six weeks in and out of hospital, said she thought she was bitten by a white- tailed spider.

“I didn’t feel anything, I had no idea that I’d been bitten by something,” she said.

“It just noticed a little red dot on my left buttock, a bit like a pimple.”

The 35-year-old then started having bad body aches, a high temperature and she was vomiting every 10 minutes as the intruder took over her body.

“I was so unwell and everything hurt so I didn’t think much of the little dot and I just put antiseptic on it,” she said.

“I kept thinking it was nothing and that it would ­disappear.”

White Tailed Spider could be responsible for Ms Dwyer’s bite.CSIRO image

A White Tailed Spider could be responsible for Ms Dwyer’s bite. Picture: CSIRO

Ms Dwyer said the little dot on her buttock quickly grew to the size of a golf ball and eventually to the size of a frisby within half a day.

“It was hard as a rock and really sore to touch,” she said. “The doctor said to go straight to hospital so I went to John Flynn Private ­Hospital.”

Doctors took one look at the wound and wheeled her into surgery where they tried to remove dead and unhealthy skin tissues.

Ms Dwyer has spent nearly two weeks in hospital where she underwent a second surgery and was told if the wound was left untreated it could have been fatal.

Ms Dwyer said she can’t recall feeling the near fatal bite.image

Ms Dwyer said she can’t recall feeling the near fatal bite. Picture: David Clark

The photos of her buttock, which are too gruesome for publication, show the extent to which the poison ravaged her skin and flesh.

“It basically poisons your bloodstream,” she said.

“It was excruciating … it looks like it has been burnt.

“Skin is peeling off and there are blisters.”

The head of Queensland Museum’s arachnological division, Dr Robert Raven, said it was “impossible” for a white-tailed spider to cause such a reaction.

“There are only a couple of spider bites that can be recognised easily from the bite,” he said.

“The first one is the funnel web … and the second one is a redback.

“No other spider bites are diagnosable by the bite.”

White-tailed spiders are commonly found in homes throughout Australia and they tend to hide in bedding or within clothes left on the floor. Ulcers and necrosis have been attributed to the bites but a scientific study showed these were caused mostly by infections.

Ms Dwyer had to visit a nurse every day to rebandage her wound since leaving hospital and doctors have hooked her to a V. A. C therapy machine to continue healing her wound.

“I haven’t worked in six weeks,” she said. “I’m a single mum so I’ve had to ask for a lot of help.”

Ms Dwyer is expected to make a full recovery.

Originally published as Mum ravaged by mystery flesh-eater


Henry Sapiecha


Saturday, December 6th, 2014

Henry Sapiecha

Spider burrowed into appendix scar, crawled through man’s body

Thursday, October 16th, 2014

spider crawling under mans skin resulted in a searing sensation.image

The spider resulted in a “searing sensation”. Photo: Shanelle Miller

If Bali belly, dengue fever and dangerous drinks have not been enough to put you off taking a holiday to Bali – perhaps the story of “spiderman” will.

West Australian man Dylan Thomas may now be joking about whether he’ll develop “superpowers” but on the weekend he was experiencing a “searing sensation” as a spider that had made its way into his abdomen through an old appendix scar, crawled underneath his skin, all the way up to his sternum.

The horrifying incident happened while the Bunbury man, now known as ‘spiderman’ to his friends, was holidaying on the Indonesian island.

The mark the spider left on Thomas' trunk.image

He told Radio 6PR about the experience.

“It wasn’t really a tickling sensation, obviously once the venom started to affect my skin it was a really burning sensation like a searing feeling,” he said.

Mr Thomas said he believed the spider had burrowed into his abdomen on Friday night as he noticed a mark on his stomach on Saturday morning that continued to worsen.The mark the spider left on Thomas’ trunk.An initial visit to a doctor on Sunday saw him diagnosed as having been bitten by an insect and sent away with antihistamines

Dylan Thomas had a spider crawl underneath his skin image

Mr Thomas spent another day with the arachnid tunneling inside of him, before going to a hospital.

“Well after running tests and putting things inside my stomach they finally found out it was a tropical spider that’s been living inside of me for the last 3 days, managed to get it out luckily,” he told his Facebook friends.

Two doctors who initially assessed him “had no idea” what was causing the marks on Mr Thomas’s skin until they called in a specialist dermatologist.

The spider was eventually removed with tweezers. It was dead when pulled out.

Mr Thomas said the experience had ruined his first trip to Bali.

Henry Sapiecha


Monday, November 26th, 2012

Lifetime Health Natural Supplements - Quality- Purity - Integrity

Lifetime Health Natural Supplements - Quality- Purity - Integrity

Sourced & published by Henry Sapiecha